Outstanding opportunity to be a part of a diverse, engaged, and student-centered community. Washtenaw Community College (WCC) strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
The Part time Student Success Coach provides year-round academic support services to Washtenaw Community College students to assist with academic success, retention and completion. This position promotes a positive learning experience for all students with a focus on growth mindset, intrusive coaching, and holistic student development.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an active student caseload which includes:
o Proactive outreach to students through email, text message, and phone calls.
o Developing supportive relationships through one on one coaching sessions.
o Assists students develop academic and life skills such as time management, goal setting, prioritization, and organization.
o Monitoring and tracking student success indicators such as early alerts, course attendance, and course withdrawals and identify appropriate interventions and follow-up.
o Serve as a primary point of contact for students with navigating campus and community resources and provide referrals appropriately.
- Participate in the design and implementation of positive intervention strategies and programs to maximize student success such as new student orientation programs, academic success workshops and other campus/community events.
- Serve as a key member of a Success Team for assigned student caseload, and collaborate with designated counselors, advisors, faculty and staff to provide appropriate referrals and develop enhanced academic programs.
- Act as a liaison with outside agencies within a case management model including referrals to help students in crisis with basic needs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This is a part time position of approximately 20 hours per week, which may include evenings and weekends.
Combination of remote and on campus—the successful candidate must have internet access and the appropriate technologies needed to successfully perform all duties of the position and meet expectations and deadlines. This is subject to change based on college operations.