DESCRIPTION: The Residence Life and Student Involvement Department seeks a student-centered live-in professional for the position of Resident Director and Student Activities Coordinator. This position contributes to the development and coordination of a total residence life and student activities program at the College. Duties include:
* Assisting with a range of student success efforts, from student orientation to advising at-risk students.
* Serving as a resource person and advisor to students in need.
* Supervising all students and student staff in a designated area and develops appropriate social and educational programming.
* Coordinates student staff selection and training.
* Adjudicating residence hall violations.
* Advising student groups and coordinating administrative needs for student events.
* Assisting the Director with coordination and facilitation of leadership development programs.
* Participates in an on-call duty rotation.
* Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree in
Students Affairs, Higher Education or related field preferred.
* Residential living experience; Experience as an RA or RHA/student leader preferred.
* Experience with traditionally aged students; Background in student development preferred.
* Knowledge of student programming and event planning
BARGAINING UNIT: MEA Administrator, Level II
START DATE: Negotiable
SALARY RANGE: Approximately $34,522 - $43,732
BENEFITS: 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for employees, coverage for spouse/domestic partner and/or dependents also available, vision insurance, choice between Maine Public Employees Retirement System MPERS or TIAA CREF in lieu of social security, generous vacation/sick/personal time allowances, paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the Maine Community College System (MCCS) for employee, spouse, and dependents.
Partially furnished one bedroom apartment and board plan (while classes are in session), domestic partners welcome. Pets permitted with supervisor approval.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of applications will begin April 23, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references to the HR email address below or mail to:
Southern Maine Community College
HR Office, 2 Fort Road
South Portland, ME 04106
SMCC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer & Educational Institution
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34,522.00 - $43,732.00 per year
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place