Job ID: 41013
PhD, MD or DVM and 0 to 3 years of related experience are required. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EE. Salary Minimum $47,476, Midpoint $47,695, Maximum $61,834.Preferred Qualifications
- A PhD in biology, ecology, entomology, or related field by the appointment start date;
- Solid analytical background and competency with R;
- Spanish language skills (proficiency in verbal and written communication);
- Willingness to spend four (4) or more cumulative months in Panama each year;
- Prior field experience and ability to conduct physically demanding work in a tropical setting; and ability to conduct physically demanding work in a tropical setting;
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Previous experience managing the activities of undergraduate field assistants;
- A solid record of writing productivity, including publications and proposals;
- Field experience specifically in forestry, entomology, or tropical ecology; and
- Interest in contributing to K-12 or public outreach.
The Yanoviak lab in the Department of Biology at the University of Louisville is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to participate in various field-based studies in Panama. The postdoc primarily will conduct field research for an NSF-funded project concerning the effects of lightning on tropical trees and their associates but will have the freedom to develop independent projects. The preferred start date is July 1, 2021. The position is available for at least two years, subject to annual reviews and funding.
- Working in both field (tropical rainforest) and laboratory environments.
- Ability to see, hear, and operate field and laboratory equipment.
- Occasional standing, stooping, and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- International travel and working at remote locations for months at a time.
- Climbing trees and towers up to heights of 55m, operating a small motorboat, and hiking several km with a backpack multiple days per week.
Applicants should submit a single PDF file that includes a brief cover letter, 1-page statement of research interests and professional goals, curriculum vitae, and contact information for 3 references online.
Questions should be addressed to Dr. Steve Yanoviak - email@example.com
Please see the following publications for project background:
- Yanoviak, S. P. 2013. doi: 10.1007/978-1-4614-7161-5_15
- Yanoviak, S. P., et al. 2017. doi: 10.1002/ece3.3095
- Yanoviak, S. P., et al. 2019. doi: 10.1111/nph.16260
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.852.6258.How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6258.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6258 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.