Auburn University is seeking applicants for up to 4 unique ASHP Accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency positions with a focus on primary care, community care, and academia. The residency is located in Auburn, Alabama, and is associated with the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, the Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Center, the State Employees’ Insurance Board Wellness Center in Montgomery, and three patient-care oriented pharmacies. The individuals selected will have a unique opportunity to enhance and refine the practice skills necessary to become a cutting edge practitioner in ambulatory care as well as several other areas of pharmacy practice.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Providing pharmaceutical care services in a primary care setting including, but not limited to Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services for pharmacotherapy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, health and wellness, smoking cessation, osteoporosis/HRT, hypertension, and anticoagulation in two different pharmaceutical care centers
• Providing pharmaceutical care in two unique community pharmacies located within the Harrison School of Pharmacy and the State Wellness Center
• Providing teaching activities in the following settings: clinical skills course and lab, large group classes, mentoring of students in the early experiential program and providing instruction and guidance for students in the advanced experiential program
• Completion of a residency project mutually determined by the resident and his/her residency director and/or coordinator and project presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference
• Completion and submission of primary manuscript
• Developing an extensive knowledge about primary care healthcare delivery including pharmacoeconomics, pharmacy benefit management, and community pharmacy operations
• Participating in School of Pharmacy committees
The term of the residency is July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022. The resident will receive an affiliate faculty appointment within the Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Harrison School of Pharmacy and have instructional duties as outlined above. Remuneration for the one-year residency will be $40,000.