The Assistant Director reports to the Director, Employer Relations in the Career Management Center. The Assistant Director/Business Development partners with the Assistant Directors/industry Relationship Managers, the Manager or the Career Resource Center, and other CMC staff to create, cultivate and develop relationships with employers seeking Working Professional (EW & EMBA) talent at Kellogg. S/he develops data driven strategies and outreach plans to identify high potential employers who do not yet have well developed MBA talent pipelines. S/he advise CMC staff, students and partners on strategies for less structured, more customized job searches and market trends. Recruiter and student contact at multiple levels is integral to the success of this role. The successful applicant has superior written and verbal communication skills and has significant presentation experience. The Assistant Director coordinates with Evening & Weekend professional clubs, the EW and EMBA student leadership, and other internal/external constituents on outreach and promoting the Kellogg brand while sharing development information.
Please note: Must be willing to travel up to 40%. Evenings and occasional weekends are required. Seasonal early mornings required.
- Initiate, cultivate, develop, and track new employer engagement opportunities for the EW & EMBA working professional populations. Recommend strategies for growing and expanding employer engagements to Director, Employer Relations and Associate Director (EW Lead).
- Work with EW & EMBA team leads to design new programs, strategies, and pathways for working professional employment and career education.
- Serve as lead administrator of Kellogg Job Board and CMC Salesforce platform to insure flow of MBA level information and opportunities.
- Conduct visits to employer partners and new business leads to reinforce relationship and seek new opportunities across student populations.
- Meet regularly with professional club leaders to review student interest trends and coordinate outreach strategies.
- Provide students via Slack and other media with employer relationship development updates and market trends.
- Provide student training for diversity conferences in conjunction with Coaches. Attend select diversity conferences to develop employer relationships and serve as student liaison.
- Attend select student treks.
- Participate in student facing programming and media development as needed.
- Provide market updates and solicit student facing feedback with CMC staff including IRMs and Coaches.
- Serve as liaison to key internal constituents, including External Relations, Corporate Partnerships, and select academic centers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-5+ years of experience required, with experience in client/customer relations, business development, or other related areas strongly preferred.
- Must have strong experience with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of business industries and functions required.
- Must have demonstrated high level of professionalism, follow-through, teamwork, flexibility, and sense of humor.
- MBA or other graduate degree highly desirable.
- Experience with event planning a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, social media including Twitter, database management strongly preferred.
- Experience with MBA Focus products a plus.