The Director position is responsible for admissions and registration processes of the college. The Director will research and analyze data and make critical decisions; follow complex guidelines and regulations; meet established deadlines; build and maintain effective collegial working relationships; and have strong presentation skills.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Respond to non-routine inquiries and resolve complex problems related to enrollment, registration, residency, and other related areas. Interpret policies, rules regulations and operational procedures to students, faculty, administration, and staff.
- Supervise and evaluate staff and student workers, including providing discipline when necessary.
- Resolve student disputes as they relate to admission and registration, through appropriate research and analysis, intervention and decision making.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, revise, and oversee admissions/registration processes and procedures for all students enrolled in credit and non-credit courses. Ensure departmental compliance with college policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws including ICCB policy and FERPA.
- Consult with information technology personnel to define information systems requirements and needs and coordinate the testing, implementation, and utilization of computer systems of the admission and registration office. Resolve technical problems that are related to procedural set-up of SIS.
- Provide leadership in maintaining a culture oriented to student-centered service and ongoing technological innovation.
- Serve as a designated school official for the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) international I-20 admissions. Review admissions materials and approve all I-20 applicants. Manage requirements in reporting and conducting enrollment for international students.