This position instructs students toward practice/employment in a designed field of vocational studies.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares and presents course descriptions, lesson plans, classroom lectures and laboratory work.
- Implements techniques to facilitate student active learning.
- Prepares and grades tests and quizzes; develops handouts and other learning aids.
- Participates in program and curriculum development and outcome assessments.
- Participates in hiring and scheduling part-time instructors as assigned.
- Provides one-to-one student supervision, advising and tutoring; analyzes and documents student progress.
- Coordinates and schedules student tutors as appropriate.
- Participates in student recruitment, retention and placement efforts.
- Establishes and maintains linkages with appropriate business and industry.
- Participates on assigned committees and in professional development workshops and conferences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adult learning theory, curriculum development and classroom, laboratory and field presentation techniques
- Advising methods and techniques
- Research methodology and information resources related to designated field(s) of vocational studies
- Knowledge of basic supervisory and coaching principles and practices
- Skill in operating equipment and performing work related to designated field(s) of vocational studies
- Ability to supervise students in work experience settings
- Ability to prepare and present classroom lectures and laboratory work
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and applications including Microsoft Office Suite
Work Enviornment and Physical Factors
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The worker stands at least 70 percent of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Education, Experience and Licenses
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- ASE Master Certified in Auto Technology is required
- At least five (2) year of practicing experience in the designated field is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Luna Community College management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Submit LCC application form, letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required prior to employment) to:
Luna Community College
Sandra Rivera, Human Resources Administrator
366 Luna Drive
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Phone: (505) 454-2574
Fax: (505) 454-2520
Luna Community College is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. A pre-employment drug test may be required.