Position TitleStudent Worker - Program Assistant (Youth Programs)
The student worker, under the direction of the Senior Program Coordinators and Office Associates, and working with the Instructional Assistants, will assist with daily set-up, breakdown, student sign-in/sign-out, moving/organizing equipment and supplies, escorting students between classes, supervising lunch and class breaks, assisting instructors in classrooms, computer data entry, administrative office tasks and other duties as requested.
International students are encouraged to apply.
- Must be a CLC student enrolled in 3 credits for the summer semester OR 6 credits for the upcoming fall semester.
- Experience working with parents and students in an educational setting.
- Attach an availability schedule with application
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA.
- Must be available to attend training in May of 2021.
- Demonstrate dependability in being on time for scheduled work times.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills especially as it relates to the position (asking questions, communicating needs, communicating with co-workers, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures consistently.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently if needed.
- Demonstrate initiative in work and communication.
- Exhibit strong work ethic.
Experience teaching or training.
Excellent technology skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Exercise good time management skills.
Special Instructions Summary
Assistance is needed at Grayslake Campus, Lakeshore Campus and the University Center of Lake County.
Total Hours per week20
To be determined based on other staffing.
Weeks could include Monday-Thursday of the following weeks:
June 28 to July 1
Flexible to fit your availability.
Hours between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday (summer semester); Monday through Friday (fall semester).
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V