Accounts Receivable Specialist
$13.00 - $16.95 per hour depending on experience, full time, benefit eligible
Generous Benefits includes:
- Health/Vision, Dental, Life/ADD & Long-term Disability Insurance: Generous Employer contribution toward the cost of this benefit
- Vacation Leave: Earn up to 15 days per year
- Sick Leave: Earn up to 12 days per year
- Holiday Leave: 12 per year
- Retirement: Participates in MT Public Employees Retirement System; AND Employer match up to 7% for 403(b)
- Tuition Waiver: Employee plus up to two legal dependents
Open until filled
The Accounts Receivable Specialist supports all aspects of accounts receivable for the college; works closely with students, employees and vendors with quality customer service
- Partners with students, employees and vendors as their primary resource contact for all accounts receivable functions. Conveys positive and welcoming messaging, and efficient and accurate responses to ensure excellent customer service standards.
- Counsels students regarding payment options to further secure accessibility and attendance opportunities. Establishes formal promissory notes, coordinates the tuition appeal process, student deferred payment accounts, and manages outstanding refund checks.
- Invoices for all 3rd party accounts including catering, program events, and facility rentals. Manages billing for student housing, including refunds and deposits.
- Researches responds to and resolves related questions, problems and general inquiries with quality customer service.
- Accepts credit card payments over the phone, issues credit card refunds, generates weekly refund batches and prepares bank check for mailing,
- Prepares financial statements and reports, MT Department of Revenue collection documents, monthly statements, uncollectible debt, Foundation contributions and other types of accounts receivable reports. Ensures the validity, accuracy and security of financial records.
- Coordinates with departments and committees, such as, but not limited to, the Student Equipment Fee Committee, on fee reconciliation, reports and adjustments.
- Performs accurate data input into information system to establish and update student records; establishes new transaction codes; maintains files and reports; updates information according to policy and regulations, maintains confidential records, and audits for compliance with state and federal legal regulations.
- Works closely and cooperatively with campus departments or related agencies on programmatic, financial, policy, procedure and compliance matters.
- Participates actively and with initiative in continuous improvement efforts, including capitalizing on technical solutions, to provide efficient and quality services.
- Establishes and initiates effective and timely communications to assure sharing of information.
- Cross trains to perform other departmental and team functions; backfills for staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as necessary to function as a successful member of the Business Services team.
- Reports to the Controller, Business Office.
- Associate’s degree in related field AND two years of accounts receivable experience; OR
- An equitable combination of four years of higher education AND/OR accounts receivable work experience.
- Work experience in educational environment or public organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skill and knowledge of principles, practices and standards of financial administration.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated professional communication, diplomacy, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in taking initiative, being proactive, critical thinking, problem analysis and resolution.
- Strong time management skills; highly organized, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the public, students, potential students and College community.
- Demonstrated skill in creating and managing a work climate of collaboration, collegiality and team work.
- Ability and willingness to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to be adaptive in a continuously changing and fast paced environment.
- Skill and ability to operate a variety of computer applications including, but not limited to, accounting information systems, Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel proficiency
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional schedules including evenings, weekends, etc.
- Skill and ability with general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and be FERPA compliant.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to respond in the event of an emergency.
- This is a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application (NOTE: FVCC's applicant tracking system will time-out after 45 minutes of inactivity. Please have your documents ready to upload before you click the Apply button.) :
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, AND
- A current, comprehensive resume, AND
- Unofficial transcripts for ALL degrees held - if more than one transcript, combine and upload as one document. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior to hiring. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
- Three professional references, with complete contact information, must be provided on the application form. Professional references must be individuals most familiar with applicant's work experience, skills, work behaviors, and supervisory experience. Do not list family and friends for professional references.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION: FVCC is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action organization. It is FVCC's policy that all individuals are entitled to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, creed, political ideas, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran’s status, service in the uniformed services as defined by state and federal law, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry except as authorized by law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs, as required by federal and state laws.
EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP: FVCC is not able to sponsor individuals seeking employment. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION'S, REFERENCE CHECKS, AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
FVCC BOARD POLICY: The FVCC Board Policy Manual is available to review at: https://www.fvcc.edu/about-fvcc/board-of-trustees/fvcc-board-policy
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: FVCC provides reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities during all phases of employment including the application and selection process. No applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ACT: Preference applies in hiring and provides a uniform method by which special consideration is given to qualified Veterans. Veterans’ Preference laws do not, however, guarantee Veterans a job, nor do they give Veterans’ preference in internal actions such as promotion, transfer, reassignment, and reinstatement. I understand that applying for a preference is voluntary and that all information related to a preference is confidential and used only during the hiring process; the information will be maintained in a separate confidential file. To claim Veterans' Preference, you must complete the Veterans' Preference Form (form is available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and email it along with document(s) that verify your eligibility for employment preference to Jobs@fvcc.edu. Claims for Veterans' preference must be received by Human Resources prior to position closing date.
WINDFALL ELIMINATION PROVISION: Based on the Windfall Elimination Provision, I understand my employment may not be covered by Social Security. To learn more about the Windfall Elimination Provision click https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10045.pdf.