Department: Administrative Services Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Facilities Manager
- Open and close buildings and rooms scheduled for cleaning and use.
- Ensure the general security of the campus and buildings.
- Clean dorm rooms, special activity rooms, restrooms, and hallways as assigned by the custodial
- Empty waste baskets and fill dispensers in restrooms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change,
delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Business Acumen - Understands basic business practices.
- Change Management - Communicates changes effectively.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens
and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and
grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read
and interpret written information.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving
measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to
customer needs; Meets commitments.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Sets
expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility
for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent action.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making
process; Makes timely decisions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks
correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or
schedules other people and their tasks.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes
information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats
others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts
responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase
productivity; Works efficiently.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to
- Inclusion-Provides an environment that is inclusive of all students and supports
High School Diploma or appropriate work experience as defined below.
Demonstrated maintenance experience to include cleaning carpets and windows, sweeping
floors, dusting furniture, etc.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Be able to withstand long periods of standing on floors, stairs, ladders and scaffolding. Be able
to routinely lift heavy objects that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Possess personal skills that will
ensure good public relations with the users of the college buildings.