The Division of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences invites qualified candidates to apply for an adjunct faculty position in Art starting in Summer 2021. The successful applicant will have a strong record of achievement as an instructor and experience as a practicing artist. Candidates should have experience teaching a subset of the following courses: Drawing, Painting, Latin American Art, African American Art, and Art Appreciation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute syllabi which inform students about course requirements, grading requirements, testing assignments, attendance policy, and other information for each course assigned.
- Prepare, administer, and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner to inform students about their progress.
- Follow procedures related to the Registrar's office, including grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal deadlines; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Participate in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs.
- Encourage use of support service by students.
- Collaborate with support services staff to ensure that information is being shared and discussed.
- A Master's degree in Art, a Master of Fine Arts in an art discipline or a related degree is required. Candidates should have experience teaching in a multicultural environment and teaching related coursework at the college level.
- Three certified training sessions for online instruction via Quality Matters or acceptable equivalent
- Experience teaching beginning and advanced art courses;
- Experience working with students of various cultural backgrounds, ages and abilities; and Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students and staff.
- Willingness to examine instructional, relational, and classroom practices to effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Teaching experience at the community college and knowledge of its mission and goals.
Official Title: DCE Faculty
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1234 Columbus Ave
Agency: Roxbury Community College
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2021, 2:41:38 PM
Number of Openings: 1
If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator:
Pamela Lomax - 8577011294