ECTC is seeking a Admissions Peer Mentors to work closely with our admissions counselors and new applicants. Peer Mentors will serve to support and encourage new first year students, from application to enrollment in ECTC courses. Through one-on-one interactions and group meetings, Mentors will be knowledgeable guides for new students, a thoughtful facilitator who provides access to people and resources and ultimately a role model and success advocate. Mentors will assist new students with both navigating enrollment to Elizabethtown Community and Technical College and the expectations of college in general.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Be available for Monday meetings to coordinate the work of the week.
- Serve as a sincere and positive source of support to help first-year students apply and enroll with ECTC.
- Develop and maintain a mentor relationship focused on helping new students make a smooth transition to the college.
- Serve as a resource for students helping them identify and use appropriate campus services.
- Help facilitate and encourage mentee attendance at campus programs and events.
- Participate in training, programs and activities.
- Attend and plan group meetings.
- Serve as a positive role model.
- Provide general admissions information, assist students in submitting online applications, checking application status, and direct students to appropriate departments as needed.
- Assist admissions staff with miscellaneous projects such as: mailing letters, registration flyers, etc.
- Computer literate; proficient using Microsoft Suite
- Confident using office machinery (printers, fax machines, photocopiers, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills
- Must be very organized, a quick learner, and be team-oriented
- Be a sophomore in good academic and student conduct standing
- Have a positive attitude about Elizabethtown Community and Technical College
- Be willing to learn and share information about the College, student life, and campus resources
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a genuine desire to help new students succeed
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Display a willingness to challenge and support new students
Education: Sophomore in good academic and student conduct standing
Benefits to Mentors:
- Develop leadership skills
- Attain satisfaction of guiding new students through their first-year.
- Develop and foster valuable work experience.
Please apply by April 22, 2021
Please visit: https://careers.kctcs.edu/search-jobs and select ECTC as your school for additional information and to apply online.
KCTCS/ECTC is an equal opportunity employer and education institution.
Pay Rate: $10.00 per hour