The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
Responsible for providing tutorial instruction for students enrolled in Science Technology Engineering Math (STEM) courses, enhancing the understanding and quality level of specific course assignments, and assisting with general study skills and test taking strategies. Tutors will also be responsible for developing and facilitating customized workshops related to these math and science courses to reinforce comprehension.
students, which includes improving understanding and comprehension of subject matter
- Provide educational assistance in the specific math and science courses/programs to
- Assist in preparation of workshops and materials to enhance program/course
- Assist in tracking student’s performance.
- Participate in scheduled training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, STEM Programs and Director,
- Completion of Math 143/Equivalent (Math Tutors)
- Completion of Biology 112/Equivalent (Biology Tutors)
- Completion of Microbiology 111/Equivalent (250 - Preferred) (Microbiology Tutors)
- Completion of Chemistry 112/Equivalent (Chemistry Tutors)
- Completion of Chemistry 299/Equivalent (Organic Chemistry)
- Completion of Physics 112/Equivalent (211/212 Preferred)
- Recommendation from STEM Faculty (CWI Students)
- Must have completed a course in the subject matter with at least a “B” (unless waived by
- Proficient in computer usage and ability to use word processing, database, and
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Team player within the department as well as with other departments.
- Communicate effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural community environment.
- Understand the community college philosophy of education.
- Certificate of completion or 30 college hours preferred (unless waived by Program
- Recent tutoring experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a community college environment preferred.
Additional Application Requirements:
In addition to providing a resume, please include a cover letter in which you clearly specify why you are qualified for the position. Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered.