1600 Innovation Blvd Hutto, TX
Salary Grade Ranking
Total hours required per week
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday with an hour lunch break. 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Friday.
Position Summary & Essential Duties
The following duties, responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s), and physical requirements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The information listed below is not intended to be construed as a complete listing of all duties, responsibilities, KSA’s, and physical requirements required of this position since changes to the position may occur at any time or additional requirements that may be added over the course of time.
Under direct supervision, the incumbent performs a wide variety of office support, secretarial and receptionist duties related to application processing, student contact, and/or data coordination at EWCHEC-Hutto. Incumbent is responsible for assisting students and visitors with guidance in the enrollment process including admission, financial aid, registration, and policies and procedures. Compose letters and correspondence. Relay and resolve telephone and walk-in inquiries. Schedule calendar, meetings, and answer inquiries concerning activities and operation of the Center. Make travel arrangements. Create, maintain, and process records and forms. Perform data entry on a personal computer using various software programs. Perform a wide variety of typing assignments that are sometimes confidential in nature. Perform simple to moderately complex mathematical calculations.
Qualifications (Required and Preferred)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND WORK REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
Associates Degree and two (2) years directly related experience or any combination of verifiable higher education attainment and directly related full-time work experience equal to four (4) years. Two (2) of the four (4) years must be directly related full-time work experience. Part-time work experience will be pro-rated. The total pro-rated amount must equal the minimum number of years listed.
Two (2) years’ experience working in a Higher Education Office environment.
An Associate’s Degree or higher degree with a concentration in business, accounting or a related field.
Experience with Ellucian Colleague.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will:
- Perform a wide variety of data-entry assignments, sometimes confidential in nature, which utilize software that includes the College database, scanning software, and Microsoft Office products.
- Greet and direct visitors and students in a manner consistent with contemporary practices of customer service through direct contact, e-mail, fax, and telephone inquiries. Accept, screen, and route telephone calls. Maintain activity log as required. Answer inquiries concerning activities and operations of the Center. Maintain calendar of departmental activities.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students representing any of the colleges offering courses at EWCHEC-Hutto. Act as a first contact between student(s) and other college departments and refer students(s) to appropriate offices as needed.
- Substitute as the primary contact person for the Testing Center when needed to greet visitors, answer telephones, make appointments, and proctor exams.
- Sort, screen, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail. Prepare copies, scan and/or email documents and send faxes.
- Assist in events planned and held at the Center for prospective, new and current students as well as the general public.
- Maintain knowledge of current processes, procedures, and regulations regarding areas of responsibility which includes FERPA. Create, maintain, process, and update files, records and other documents for students and employees at the Center.
- Order, maintain inventory of, and distribute office supplies.
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions, which may involve simple billing and cash receipt activities and assist in the preparation of the departmental budget.
- Assist in preparation of annual report and accreditation processes that apply to the assigned department.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
SOCIAL CONSTRUCTS REQUIRED OF POSITION:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Be friendly and collegial with co-workers, faculty, students, staff, and visitors to the campus.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending training, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities & Physical Demands
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Knowledge of FERPA
- Effective contemporary customer service and receptionist skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective word processing and data entry skills
- Ability to effectively deescalate any potential of a difficult, angry, or emotional situations with students and/or parents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Light physical activity is required with occasional lifting of objects up to 15 pounds. Position requires sitting for long periods. A considerable amount of data entry is required so keyboard manipulation, typing speed, and accuracy is mandatory.
Work is normally performed in an interior/office work environment.
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Thursday with an hour lunch break.
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM on Friday.
HOURS PER WEEK:
Office Manager, EWCHEC-Hutto