Shoreline-West Region (Gateway, Housatonic and Norwalk) is developing a pool of applicants for potential online part-time teaching positions in Workforce Development. These openings are for a part-time teaching opportunity within the non-credit division at the College.
Classes may be taught synchronously or asynchronously in day, evening and or weekend in the following areas:
- Health Care
- Public Safety
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Literacy
- Information Technology
Under the supervision of Continuing Education, the Non-Credit Lecturer must demonstrate the ability to respond to and work with diverse and varied student populations; support the mission of the College; and meet all teaching expectations, as outlined by the Dean or Program Coordinator.
Non-Credit Lecturers should be able to teach at various times, including part-time, day, evening, weekdays and Saturday. Please indicate in your hiring documents your general availability.
Degree Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. In some cases, Master’s degree preferred. Related Industry Certifications will be seriously considered.
Anticipated Starting Date: Continuous open recruitment
- Experience in teaching using online teaching platforms including but not limited to Blackboard, WebEx and Microsoft Teams;
- Practical experience in the related Workforce Education industry for which you are applying;
- Related work experience and teaching experience along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the industry trends and workforce needs;
- May also include community college experience;
- Additional qualifications may be requested, as relevant to the position and industry.
Applicants who do meet the minimum qualifications as stated must put in writing precisely how their experience has prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Positions will be filled on an as-needed basis, depending on course offerings, enrollment and specific department need. Please indicate in your hiring documents which college(s) you prefer as well as the above areas(s) you are applying to, based on the courses you are qualified to teach, as well as your general teaching availability.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to field phone/email inquiries and confirm receipt of completed applications.