To Teach Psychology courses (PSYCH 2003 General Psychology, PSYCH 2203 Abnormal Psychology, and PSYCH 2223 Developmental Psychology
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
· Plan, organize, manage, oversee and evaluate the student learning and activities involved with learning, including implementing strategies in traditional and online learning classrooms.
· Plan and evaluate student performance; establish student performance requirements and development targets; monitor student performance and provide coaching for student performance improvement and development
· Participates in assessment of student learning, presents statistical data, research findings, and recommends appropriate action to institutional stakeholders
· Collaborate with other faculty in the development of new traditional and distance learning course offerings
· Participate in divisional activities
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Demonstrate skill and/or knowledge in teaching discipline.
· Make continuous efforts to improve the quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods.
- Develop and use a syllabus for each course within college, discipline, and departmental guidelines and submit one copy to the Dean.
- Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress toward achievement of stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within requested timelines.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend student textbooks and learning materials.
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in response to institutional needs.
- Use equipment and facilities responsibly and courteously. Where appropriate, assist the chair with the routine maintenance of instructional laboratories.
- Demonstrate competence and interest in the use of technology in the classroom and willingness to explore new instructional methodologies.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Psychology, or a Master’s degree in any field with 18 graduate semester hours in Psychology. Minimum of one (1) year of college level teaching experience preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
APPLICATION PROCESS (PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO APPLY)
Applicants must complete the South Arkansas Community College application form available at www.southark.edu or from the Human Resources Office. Resumes, transcripts, and reference list may accompany, but will not replace the application. Official Transcripts must be on file with the Human resources Office before an offer is made to the successful candidate. Return application to the South Arkansas Community College Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 7010, 300 South West Ave, El Dorado, Arkansas 71731-7010. Telephone (870) 862-8131 ext. 146.
Fill out application located at this link: http://www.southark.edu/app
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE. Applications are subject to the Arkansas FOIA.
Chosen Candidate will be required to submit to a criminal background check and have acceptable background results, provide any certificates of training (if the candidates possess any) or Licenses, Official Transcripts (for positions requiring undergraduate or graduate education), must have a clean driving record, and must complete all new hire paperwork prior to starting work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $37,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place