Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the Colangelo College of Business. At the cornerstone of every degree earned at the Colangelo College of Business is an education that develops values driven business leaders. The college features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
As a full-time Faculty member, you’ll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we’d like to hear from you.
The Colangelo College of Business at Grand Canyon University is seeking a full-time faculty member for Sports and Entertainment Management (open to all ranks). This position provides instruction that incorporates practitioner knowledge, teaching methodologies, current technologies and other trends that reflect advances in the specific areas of sport and entertainment. This position requires a unique combination of industry knowledge/experience, teaching experience, academic perspective, and industry networks within the area of sports and entertainment m anagement and/or the business of entertainment.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 9 month fulltime faculty position and will be based on our main campus in Phoenix, AZ. We have an anticipated start date of August 23th, 2021.
Responsibilities include equipping students with the required skill set, facilitating classroom discussions, assessing student performance and preparing students to be successful leaders in their chosen profession. Other main responsibilities include the following:
- Creates, develops, prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate students within the prescribed curriculum – coordinates with all faculty in curriculum revision process
- Shares best practices for student learning
- Stimulates class discussions and facilitates learning in the on-ground classroom.
- Assesses student performance in accordance with University Assessment Practices.
- Fosters industry relationships to enhance the student experience and job placement; sports business development – industry networking events to help students and the college.
- Helps with marketing, public relations, and admissions for the program.
- Classroom lead for teaching and delivering sports and entertainment business content.
- Remains current in the field of sports business, the business of entertainment and effective teaching techniques.
- Maintains a four-course teaching load each semester.
- Participates in faculty and Colangelo College of Business meetings and College/University committee activities.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Dean, Colangelo College of Business, centered on teaching, service, and scholarship.
- Supports the integrity of the GCU mission, Christian world view, and educational learning outcomes.
- Preferred: PhD in Sports Business/Management or DBA or JD in the Sport Law industry
- Minimum: MBA or Management related graduate degree.
- Minimum of three years documented post-secondary experience teaching business, sports business and/or entertainment business courses.
- Five years industry experience in the sports or entertainment industry. Ideal candidates will have experience in both the sport and entertainment business industry with a strong understanding of legal challenges, venue management and marketing of experiential events. Candidates who also have sports, events, entertainment or applied analytics will also be considered.
- Significant network of sports or entertainment industry relationships to provide student experience and student hiring/intern opportunities.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.