The Community College of Rhode Island is the state’s only public comprehensive associate degree-granting institution. We provide affordable open access to higher education at locations throughout the state. Our primary mission is to offer recent high school graduates and returning adults the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for intellectual, professional and personal growth through an array of academic, career and lifelong learning programs.
At CCRI, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community. We strive to hire and retain culturally competent faculty and staff members who reflect the demographics of our state and our increasingly diverse student population.
We believe that our diversity is our strength. We celebrate, support and thrive on the diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives that are represented across our four campuses.
We are OneCCRI, working together to prepare learners to achieve their highest potential.
To learn about what employees value at CCRI and what it means to work here, please read about our Guiding Principles and watch videos of our employees doing what they do best: https://www.ccri.edu/equity/culture/guidingprinciples.html
Teach driver retraining courses within the Division of Workforce Partnerships, Transportation Education.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Distribute syllabus, with all agreed-upon elements, to each student at the first scheduled class session.
- Teach approved curriculum adopted and developed by the college and according to guidelines outlined in applicable RI General Laws.
- Engage in high-quality instruction in a diverse, inclusive and student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various cultures, identifies, and life-experiences.
- Use technology to enhance instruction, communicate effectively with students and colleagues and complete program record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Work creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
- Understand the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and adhere to CCRI’s policies and procedures for responding to student requests for accommodations.
- Accurately maintain attendance records and grades in accordance with program policies and submit written reports of pertinent information to the Program Coordinator.
- Collaborate with others to update and/or revise curriculum and offer feedback regarding other program components as needed.
- Attend in-service training, program meetings and other program-related events as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly desired
- Associate’s Degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution of higher education
- Five (5) years’ experience with driver retraining programs.
- A valid Rhode Island operator’s license with no conviction for any felony or misdemeanor (e.g. driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs) for a period of not less than five (5) years immediately preceding the date of application
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach from an established standardized curriculum
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant current education methodologies and techniques
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required
- Work collaboratively with students and colleagues
- Ability to utilize technology to support program-related activities such as teaching, correspondence with coordinator, accessing course rosters, grading students, etc
- Applicants will be required to successfully complete applicable training depending on the program they are interested in teaching.*
- Applicable required training will be provided to selected candidates.
Coordinator, Driver Retraining Program
Shift, Days, and Additional Work Schedule Information
Up to 19 hours per week (925 hours maximum per year, not guaranteed)
$27.58 per hour
Additional Salary Information
Licenses, Tools and Equipment