Participates in the daily cleaning and maintenance of campus buildings. Must be committed to serving a diverse college community. Actively participates in and contributes to continuous quality improvement.
- Required to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Three (3) months’ experience as a custodian/janitor
- High school diploma or GED.
- Background check required.
- Current New Mexico driver’s license required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Experience as a custodian/janitor in an educational or large business setting. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
- Skill in the use of job-related tools and equipment.
- Skill in the use of job-related chemicals and cleaning products.
- Ability to participate in appropriate training in hazardous materials handling, storage, and disposal.
- Ability to perform physical labor.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written directions from supervisor or manager.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to setup/tear down classrooms, conference rooms.
- During the winter season will remove snow from assigned area on campus.
- Understand and perform basic computer functions, tasks such as e-mails, timesheets, work orders, and various training programs offered by the college.
- Knowledge of custodial cleaning practices, cleaning methods.
Posting Date 04/14/2021 Closing Date 04/28/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are disqualified in the first level of review if they do not meet all Minimum Qualifications listed in this job posting. (Years of experience are calculated based upon numbers of hours worked per week. Example: 2 years of experience working 20 hours per week equals 1 year of experience.)
Relevant experience pertains to Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities described in this job posting.
ASSUMPTIONS ARE NOT MADE at any level of SFCC’s Hiring Process if information presented in the application material does not clearly address the Minimum Qualifications, Job Summary/Basic Function, and Preferred Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. Number of pages of application material will not negatively/positively affect your application, however, LACK OF DETAIL may.
As Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) neighbors ancient Pueblo lands, and is a Sanctuary campus in a Sanctuary city, SFCC is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified and richly diverse faculty and staff. Our students need a community to teach and support them and that represents their diversity. SFCC strives to make our campus a place of safety, inclusion and equity where all individuals from all diverse backgrounds feel welcomed, nurtured and valued.
At the heart of SFCC’s mission – Empower Students, Strengthen Community. Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad – is a commitment and promise that higher education and opportunity should be open to everyone in our community and to fostering a climate where students can be who they want to be. A place where all within our community belong. A place where you are seen, a place where you are valued, a place where you are respected, a place where you are appreciated. Come join our community!
- May be assigned day, or night shift.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed indoors and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to machinery with moving parts.
- May be exposed to the risk of blood borne pathogens.
- Exposure to cleaning and sanitizing chemicals and cleaners.
- The work requires the use or protective devices (PPE), such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
Cleans and extracts carpets as needed.
- Cleans, sanitizes, disinfects, and details restrooms, locker rooms, classrooms, conference rooms and shower areas; refills dispensers and restocks supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects drinking fountains.
- Dusts and cleans furniture and woodwork.
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums floors.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets and trash receptacles.
- Dusts ( high/low) ceiling lights, around doors and windows, and air supply vents as needed.
- Cleans, offices, stairwells and lab areas.
- Washes windows and cleans blinds.
- Loads and unloads custodial supplies; maintains custodial closet in a clean and orderly manner.
- Cleans spills and broken glass.
- Moves furniture and rearranges classrooms, meeting and conference rooms.
- Removes snow from entrances, sidewalks and exits as required.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Documents Needed to Apply