This position is part-time, up to 15 hours/week. Sundays 3pm-6pm; Mon-Thurs 5pm to 7pm.
SCOPE OF WORK: To maintain circulation services and perform all related duties. Assists with maintaining College Archives. This position reports to the Coordinator of the Learning Commons at NHTI, Concord’s Community College.
- Organizes the College Archives and assists in the processing and cataloging of new and existing materials housed in that collection;
- Assists in library collection management and acquisitions projects, including stacks maintenance, shelf reading, and new materials processing;
- Performs routine circulation tasks, such as checking items in/out via an integrated library system and shelving materials in Library of Congress call number order;
- Performs basic patron and item records maintenance;
- Helps students and general public find information and materials;
- Assists students in the use of the internet, Microsoft Office products, Canvas, etc.;
- Opens and/or closes the Library, enabling all machines, lights, etc.;
- Supervises work study students and library clerks under the direction of the Circulation Supervisor;
- Light housekeeping including stack maintenance and cleaning of furniture and equipment, etc.;
- Complies with all College, System, state and federal rules and regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from high school, G.E.D. or its equivalent. Each additional year of approved formal education may be substituted for one year of required work experience.
Experience: Two years of clerical and/or customer service experience including computer knowledge, preferably in connection with library operations.
License/Certification: None required.
RECOMMENDED WORK TRAITS: Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing. Working knowledge of modern library techniques, procedures and working tools used in accessioning, cataloging, circulating and maintaining library materials. Skills in the performance of clerical and manipulative tasks. Ability to apply library methods and principles in acquiring, circulation and providing limited patron services. Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other library personnel and the general public. Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities as determined by the college appointing authority.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.