The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position will be open until filled. Application review will begin May 4, 2021. For full consideration all application related material should be submitted by May 3, 2021.
This tenure track Instructor - Marketing/Management position will begin in the Fall of 2021. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Teach business and management courses within the Business Administration Department.
- Provide an excellent teaching experience to a diverse student body using effective teaching strategies.
- Courses the candidates will be required to teach are Real Estate Principles, Real Estate Math, Real Estate Law/Practice, Real Estate Brokerage, Real Estate Property Management, Real Estate Appraising, Real Estate Financing and Insurance, Real Estate Tax Aspects, Introduction to Business, Principles of Management
- Develop syllabi and course materials that may be taught on-ground, online, or hybrid.
- Develop and improve current and future CSN Real Estate/Management programs.
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes.
- Participate in department/school meetings and activities.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities with an emphasis in business and management.
- Candidates will be required to serve on department, accreditation, curriculum, assessment, and college wide committees.
- Assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of day, evening and/or weekend classes. Maybe assigned to any of the CSN campuses.
- Nevada Real Estate License/Broker's License
- Master's degree in Business Administration from a regionally accredited college/university by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) OR a Master's degree in Business from a regionally accredited college/university by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) AND 5 years' work experience in a related field.
- Proficient experience teaching full-time community college/undergraduate business AND/OR management courses or alternatively, a minimum of 6 years part-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience or 3 years full-time community college/undergraduate proficient teaching experience.
- Candidates should be consistently teaching Marketing/Management courses for the last 3 years.
- Doctorate degree in Business from a regionally accredited college or university by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) or Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Plus 10 years' work experience in the field of Real Estate/Management.
- Minimum of 10 years part-time teach experience or 5 years full-time teaching experience in business and/or management courses.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate and utilize a variety of teaching strategies.
- Traditional, online, or hybrid instructional platform experience.
- Knowledge and ability to work with a diverse student population as found at CSN.
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (Name, email and phone number)
- Syllabus (or sample syllabus)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.