New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating university wide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Medicine within the Rutgers, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Postdoctoral Fellow will conduct specialized imaging research techniques and procedures with focus on artificial intelligence and machine learning platforms that will promote precision medicine and predict outcomes. The Postdoc will work collaboratively with other research scientists with the same interest and background.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Performs specialized research techniques and procedures related to phenotypic characterization of cardiovascular disease using available imaging techniques.
- Compiles and analyzes data using machine learning techniques; yield appropriate conclusions and recommendations in support of further research, research publications, and grant applications.
- Assists in the establishment of performance standards, development of research protocols, and coordination of multiple research projects.
- Assists with the instruction and training of students, fellows, residents, and research assistants in laboratory techniques/procedures in cardiovascular artificial intelligence and digital health.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory records and files.