Physical Therapist Assistant
Apr 08 2021 MST
May 06 2021 MST
Posted Pay Range:
$1,000 per credit
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) expands learning and life opportunities, encourages individual advancement, contributes to Idaho’s economic growth, strengthens community prosperity, and develops leaders.
We are a comprehensive community college providing higher education programs. We offer a full range of academic and career-technical courses leading to an Associate of Arts or Science degree, Associate of Applied Science degrees, continuing education, and certifications. CWI also offers Basic Skills Education to help prepare for a GED, Dual Credit for high school students, and fast-track career training for working professionals.
At CWI we are proud of our talented and dedicated faculty and staff. Our employees have an opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives every day. We are excited for you to join us and share our passion for higher education.
The Adjunct Physical Therapist Assistant Faculty member of the College of Western Idaho, Idaho Consortium for Physical Therapist Assistant Education Program, is responsible for teaching students in an adjunct position. This individual participates in orientation activities related to clinical teaching, faculty team meetings, and has responsibility for assisting in determining grade (Pass/Fail) for lab course requirements based on course objectives and criteria as defined in the course syllabus. This individual works directly with the full-time faculty person responsible for the coordination of the course(s) in which they are assigned to teach.
- Participate in orientation, mentoring, and course team meetings as requested/required.
- Demonstrate effective physical therapy teaching skills, as demonstrated by student learning/success and student evaluations of faculty.
- Participate in Program activities as appropriate, especially in orientation to course tools/requirements and course team meetings.
- Apply appropriate policies and regulations within the clinical agency, Physical Therapist Assistant Program, Department, and College.
- Participate in activities promoting personal and professional educational growth as noted in the annual update of resume/vita to include continuing education and professional development activities.
- Maintain expertise for teaching physical therapist assistant students.
- Responsible to follow course grading criteria as provided by the course coordinator.
- Be a professional role model of physical therapy care for the students.
- Convey by words and actions the values expected by CWI.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Master’s Degree as a Physical Therapist preferred
- 5 years of experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant or Physical Therapist.
- Current Licensure as a Physical Therapist Assistant /Physical Therapist.
- Currently practicing in a clinical environment.
- Teaching experience in physical therapy or PTA education preferred, but not required.
Additional Application Requirements:
Successful candidates are required to reside in Idaho by the first day of work for the College of Western Idaho.
If so, please submit your resumé and cover letter. We look forward to receiving your application.