Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department: Allied Health Certificate Programs
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Apr 13, 2021
Type: PT No Benefits
Ref No.: 129969
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Prepare in advance for the laboratory period:
- Read the experimental procedure and any other special information provided by the professor.
- Ask the course instructor, to answer any questions you may have regarding the procedures, set-ups, calculations, waste management, and/or safety issues before the designated laboratory time.
- Assist students in the performance of their skills:
- Answer questions, but try to guide students through the thought process so they may develop answers to their own questions.
- Check set-ups and coach students through proper techniques as necessary.
- Circulate around your assigned room, making yourself available to ALL students so each student may ask questions freely.
- Laboratory assistants have no direct influence on grades.
Promoting safety in the laboratory:
- Be alert for potentially unsafe behavior, practices, set-ups, and situations, and correct them; or bring them to the attention of faculty or laboratory supervisor if you are unsure of the proper procedures to be used.
- Enforce proper use of safety goggles, proper handling of chemical spills, proper handling of broken glassware, proper collection of chemical waste for disposal, and proper disposal of non-hazardous laboratory waste.
- Maintain OSHA compliance.
Maintaining the laboratory:
- Clean-up spills by proper methods (if you are unsure of the proper procedures, see your laboratory supervisor).
- Replace supplies.
- Prepare inventory lists.
- Prepare and send out laundry.
- Maintain equipment in working order.
- Organize closets and shelves keeping inventory current.
Assist in the preparation of upcoming laboratory periods:
- Restock equipment and supplies.
- Prepare lab for next class.
- Assist professor with preparation for lectures, exams and demonstrations.
- Prepare lab for American Red Cross certification.
- Health Care background preferred i.e. Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA), Patient Care Technician or Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Possess good subject knowledge.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
Salary: $35.00/hr, 25 hrs/wkly (non-benefited.)
Review Date: open until filled.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE