Clinical Skill Coach - Ft Collins Branch
Senior Clinical Instructor
University of Colorado School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
All first-year students enrolled in CUSOM’s Trek curriculum will participate in weekly small group clinical skills training during their preclerkship year as part of the Developing Our Clinical Skills (DOCS) course. This dynamic, experiential course will produce humanistic student physicians by developing their foundational clinical and professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes via an integrated curriculum. The curriculum will emphasize communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency, physical examination, clinical reasoning, and professional development while promoting patient-centered care, teamwork, reflection, and coach-learner partnerships. Standardized patient interactions will also comprise significant portions of the course.
Clinical Skills Coaches will facilitate a small group of students and utilize a “coach approach” when delivering the course’s curriculum. In addition to teaching students, Clinical Skills Coaches will observe students’ clinical skills, deliver individualized feedback, evaluate student performance, and provide effective remediation.
The position reports to the Assistant Dean for Ft Collins Branch Campus
Examples of Work Performed
- Become competent at the DOCS course-specific knowledge, skills, and attitudes to deliver the requisite curriculum.
- Effectively facilitate DOCS course small groups in the first year of medical school every week, or recruit faculty to facilitate appropriate sessions based on content expertise.
- Provide constructive, formative feedback for students.
- Collaborate with the teaching team to foster an effective learning environment.
- Directly observe students’ clinical skills, deliver individualized feedback, evaluate student performance, and provide effective remediation as needed.
- Communicate effectively with faculty and staff/members regarding specific student concerns and/or needs.
Competency and Standard Setting Committees:
- Prepare student progress reports to be used by competency committees.
Faculty Development :
- Prepare for small group sessions by reading the course syllabus as well as session-specific materials provided by the course directors.
- Faculty will be evaluated annually.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position has been established at $25,376 annually ($122 hourly). This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services .
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits .
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.