PADF seeks technical specialists for an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program, Indigenous Peoples and Afro-Colombian (IPAC) Activity.
The $50 million, multiyear program is anticipated to contribute to target populations' “self-determined development by strengthening organizations' capacity, increasing communities' access to socio-economic opportunities and participation in peace implementation, and increasing society's respect for ethnic heritage and cultural diversity.”
Technical specialists will support the development of activities focused on self-governance, economic development, social inclusion, and human rights in Colombia.
- Provide information on self-governance, economic development, social inclusion, and human rights in Colombia, specifically within the context of marginalized groups, including women, youth, Afro-Colombian populations, and Indigenous communities
- Brainstorm with team, summarize and provide supplemental research findings and analysis
- Review and critique strategic plans, supporting the quality and credibility of technical design
- Provide high-quality technical inputs on time, recommending methodologies, tools, and activities
- Foster partnerships and alliances to leverage additional support for program activities
- Seven (7) or more years of professional experience, experience preparing technical reports submitted to donor agencies preferred
- Knowledge of Indigenous or Afro-Colombian populations
- Experience supporting development programs and maintaining positive working relationships with stakeholders, experience including USAID preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, proficiency in English preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Degree in a relevant field, graduate-level and higher preferred
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF's core values. “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
PADF is an equal opportunity employer.