Mission: Seeking to put God’s Love into action by bringing people together to build homes, community and hope. Steadfastly adhering to a philosophy of a “hand-up, not a hand-out,” Habitat is a powerful engine of collaboration and reciprocity where future homeowners qualify by having a history of steady income, verifiable need and a willingness to work hard. Habitat Forsyth has fundamentally changed lives - building strength, stability, and self-reliance - here in our community through new homeownership opportunities, home remodels and repair, and training. Strong and stable families in self-sufficient homes creates strong and stable communities.
The Opportunity ¦ Training and Education Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County is a community leader in building and renovating affordable housing for low wealth families. This position will coordinate and manage the activities of the Housing Education Center & pre/post purchase homeowner education classes. The desired candidate will have a strong background in financial literacy and/or education, and passion for helping people get out of generational poverty. This person will also help manage the Youth Empowerment Program (YEP). Training will be provided to Habitat partner families for both home ownership and home repair programs by way of in person classes as well as virtually. Habitat has expanded its training opportunities in the community to include homeowners outside of our partnership programs. The Training and Education Manager would collaborate with the Chief Program Officer, Director of Construction, and the Chief Financial Officer to develop the program curriculum.
This staff position will provide information to prospective homebuyers including budgeting, financial management, home maintenance, two-week financial literacy summer camp to youth, and overall homebuyer education.
The person in this position will provide outreach activities and conduct marketing of the homebuyer education classes. The person in this position will also coordinate and train volunteer presenters. In addition to teaching homebuyer education classes, the person in this position will also lead informational outreach sessions in the Forsyth County community.
- Develop, coordinate, and manage all aspects of Habitat Forsyth’s homebuyer education and training classes. This includes arranging, facilitating, and teaching some sections of the classes.
- Provide oversight and scheduling of the computer lab and classrooms
- Develop partnerships with local organizations to collaborate training
The Candidate ¦ Qualifications, Character, Critical Knowledge and Abilities
- Four-year college degree preferred as well as work experience in adult education, financial background, or training capacity
- Experience in curriculum development
- Strongly support the mission, vision, and strategic direction of Habitat Forsyth and remain conscious and protective of the integrity and mission
- Must be computer literate, well organized and attentive to details
- Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines.
- Strong analytical techniques, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Solutions-oriented personality
- Able to relate well to diverse populations - age, race, class, gender, and creed - while maintaining confidentiality as needed
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends
Interested candidates should apply by clicking on link below by April 26. 2021. Each final candidate must provide references and submit to a drug test and criminal background check as part of the pre-employment process of Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County.