An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Serves as the primary functional analyst for the Banner student information system.
2. Performs advanced levels of systems planning, analysis and design for Collegewide systems.
3. Acquires, reviews, sets up, documents, and implements product upgrades, enhancements and defect resolutions to the administrative software system, Evisions and OMS.
4. Provides support for Banner processes (FASAP, cost of attendance, new aid year setup, detail codes, AR functions, catalog, schedule, registration, graduations, transcripts, CAPP, Admissions, etc.). Also provides support with the suite of Web products that supplement the in-house software offerings.
5. Performs advanced database operations in-house (database tuning, table space sizing and location, database monitoring, etc.). Diagnoses and debugs the software and plans for projected software requirements and computer capacity.
6. Serves a project team leader in assigned area(s) by designing specifications, reviewing work for accuracy and efficiency, and coordinating the testing and production of new and modified system capabilities.
7. Coordinates and ensures database management system interface with other information technology for sharing of data (ex. Academy One, National Student Clearinghouse, etc.).
8. Coordinates and directs all Ellucian Banner functional and management user groups to achieve maximum integration of Banner with our business processes.
9. Develops database standards, administration processes, documentation, security, and authorization procedures.
10. Provides technical support and assistance to all Banner and other ancillary users.
11. Utilizes Banner Support Center to answer functional questions regarding system issues, process improvement and system efficiencies. Monitors Banner student list-serve and Commons forum from an end user perspective to recommend work process improvements or identify issues that might affect workflow, institutional requirements, institutional policies, and student communications.
12. Remains current on new developments and techniques in database management and data storage.
13. Performs internal auditing to ensure compliance with College and federal procedures and policies.
14. Supports cross-functional area conflict assessment and resolution.
15. Supervises Applications Development Specialists if assigned to the position.
16. Monitors system operation and performance and provides system support as required both during and outside of normal business hours.
17. Performs other related duties as required.