|Tensor Factorization and Mathematical Optimization Postdoctoral Scholar - 92352
Organization: CR-Computational Research|
The Computational Research Division (https://crd.lbl.gov/ ) at Berkeley Lab has an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Scholar that specializes in Tensor Factorization and Mathematical Optimization. In this position, the researcher will contribute to the design and analysis of tensor factorization algorithms with applications to high-order scientific data, and the development of open-source software tools in Python or C/C++. This position will be part of an integrated team of computational scientists and applied mathematicians that work on knowledge extraction and physical law discovery from high-order experimental data to provide a foundation for the development of interpretable machine learning by the broader scientific and engineering community.
For full consideration, please submit a Cover Letter, a CV, and a Research Statement. The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
What You Will Do:
• Design novel tensor factorization algorithms and mathematical frameworks.
• Publish results in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
• Contribute to open-source tensor factorization software packages.
• Analyze high-order data collected from high-throughput experiments and facilities.
What is Required:
• PhD degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational Science, or a relevant field.
• Experience in developing tensor factorization algorithms.
• Experience in implementing and deploying large-scale optimization algorithms.
• Strong programming skills in at least one of Python and C++ is required.
• Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team contributing to an active intellectual environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with machine learning, particularly that of using PyTorch, scikit-learn, or similar frameworks.
• GPU programming skills using CUDA C/C++ and/or OpenACC.
• This is a full-time 1 year and 2 month, postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 4 years of paid postdoctoral experience. Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• This position is represented by a union for collective bargaining purposes.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://220.127.116.11/counter.php?id=196942 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters ) to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."