Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing coordination and implementation of an effective volunteer program. Assist Catholic Charities staff in matters pertaining to the effective recruitment, orientation, onboarding, training and utilization of volunteers serving at Catholic Charities. Catholic Charities is an EEO employer.
Applicants must be part of the VISTA program – for more details see http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate volunteer opportunities and monitor volunteer involvement and engagement.
- Lead group serve opportunities
- Develop and implement plans to expand volunteer engagement in needed programs
- Conduct research to identify other recruitment sources that are not being considered and recommend new sources to be included in the implementation plan.
- Produce quality reports that can be used on social media, traditional media, as well as complied for federal reporting requirements which demonstrate the anti-poverty and capacity building work being accomplished during your service term
- Assist in the volunteer recruitment and placement process by conducting interviews and onboarding volunteers.
- Consult with program leaders in identifying job duties, projects or tasks they perform today which could be better performed by a volunteer
- Provide assistance at volunteer events that may occur outside regular business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must be part of the VISTA program – for more details see http://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
- Ability to work effectively in a very diverse environment
- Must be available for the three-month commitment period
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving