This is a full-time, nine-month, faculty position responsible for teaching undergraduate and/or graduate courses. Works under limited supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the chair.
Essential Job Functions
1. Performs an equivalent of twenty-four teaching load credits for the combined fall and spring semesters; reduction of teaching load through reassignment of duties is possible under certain circumstances.
2. May conduct supplemental instructional activities such as independent studies, internships, and advising.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Provides services to the university and the profession and engages in research/scholarly/creative activities.
2. May supervise the work of student and/or graduate assistants.
3. May serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge and practical experience in the field in which the individual will be teaching.
2. Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and/or graduate students.
3. Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
5. Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
Master’s degree in the field in which the individual will be teaching is required.
Required Experience and Training
Practical experience sufficient to teach at a university level, through teaching or profession, is required.
Experience teaching at a university level is preferred.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check.
This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
Earned Ph.D. is preferred. Teaching and marketing-related industry experience is a top priority.
The successful candidate will likely teach Principles of Marketing and other marketing courses each semester.
Salary Information Commensurate with Experience
Posting Open Date
Review Start Date
Posting Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Quick Link
Management, Marketing, & International Business
Dr. Jason Reese
Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have teaching in higher education and in what field?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a current employee of the university?
Documents Needed To Apply
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3