Position TitleTechnician 1, Supplies
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Maintenance Manager
Starting Salary$26,800 - $27,000
Job Open Date04/08/2021
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date04/22/2021
Overseeing ordering, distribution, and tracking of all department supplies and tools.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Develops effective working schedules to complete inventory, ordering supplies and stocking department storage areas around all campuses.
• Develops recommended solutions for any supply issues.
• Standardizes storage areas by labeling each product with names, barcodes, and max and minimums for products allowed on each shelf.
• Keeps all custodial closets properly stocked.
• Organizes supplies in all department storage areas, in a neat and efficient manner.
• Removes any excess or unauthorized supplies.
• Resolves any supply issues or concerns.
• Maintains approved list of supplies for each building.
• Inventories all custodial storage areas, and rotates supplies as needed.
• Tracks, reports, and develops solutions for supply disorganization, usage concerns, inventory discrepancies, damaged products, and supply abuse.
• Participates regularly in individual and departmental trainings for related procedures and processes.
• Implements best-practices, for supplies, logistics, and storage.
• Develops and maintains electronic SDS catalogs to meet Osha and state regulations.
• Inventory, planning, ordering, receiving, processing paperwork, distributing, delivering, organizing, tracking, labeling, and standardizing all department supplies, at all campuses.
• Plans and coordinates all daily supply needs for the department.
• Oversees, monitors and tracks inventory levels.
• Follows pre-determined supply and budget restrictions.
• Order all department supplies using College’s supply purchasing system (SLCCBuy) to place orders and process associated paperwork completely.
• Maintains cleanliness & organization of warehouse.
• Receives, inspects, and distributes supply deliveries and processes related paperwork.
• Collaborates with the Facilities Supervisor to review supply needs, plans, orders and deliveries.
• Directs part-time employees as needed in inventory, distribution, and standardization of supply storage areas.
• Collaborates with night and day supervisors on all supply needs.
• Collaborates with vendor to set up supply related on-site training’s with custodial supervisors and employees.
• Responsible for snow removal and application of ice melt during the snow season.
Other duties as assigned.
• Associate Degree or higher.
• 2+ years of experience working with supplies, inventory, logistics, or in a warehouse.
• Highschool diploma or equivalent
• zero (0) to 1 (one) year of related full-time experience.
• Part time work may be substituted for full-time work on a pro-rated basis.
• Valid Utah driver’s license.
• Previous forklift experience and ability to gain SLCC certificate within the first week.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Exceptional abilities in strategic planning and logistics.
• Able to resolve and prevent logistical issues
• Able to effectively implement complex logistical improvements and plans.
• Proficient in logistics planning, process improvements and implementation.
• Knowledge of SLCCBuy, and a working knowledge of how to create and utilize Excel spreadsheets for logistical planning.
• Ability to work effectively unsupervised, and as part of a team.
• Ability to perform job duties with little or no instructions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Ability to collect and analyze inventory data.
• Provide insightful and helpful reports to adjust ordering, usage, and supply distribution.
• Ability to learn on-the-job.
• Proficient in Excel, for inventory tracking and ordering analytics.
• Ability to stay productive while working independently.
• Collaborate effectively with vendors, receiving staff, managers, supervisors, leads and auxiliary staff.
• Effectively plan, organize, implement, manage, and track, all department deliveries and storage management.
• Develop and implement programs to encourage proper use of department supplies.
• Advanced knowledge of all cleaning chemicals and their proper use.
• Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
• High attention to detail and follow through.
• Receive and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively.
• Ability to work independently and productively with little to no supervision.
• Able to move 100 pounds.
• Able to traverse across multiple campuses and to constantly position oneself accurately to stock and organize custodial supply closet and maintain cleanliness of the store house.
• A good working positive attitude.
• Easily directed and good at project management.
• Able to operate equipment as needed to perform essential job duties including but not limited to Trucks, lifts, forklifts, pallet jacks, cherry pickers, etc.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
• Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
• More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits/benefits-summary-current.pdf
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.