The AACR has an exciting opportunity for an individual who is passionate about cancer research to join the editorial team of Cancer Research. Depending on prior experience, the position is offered at the Assistant or Associate level.
The Editor, Cancer Research, will handle manuscript submissions for the journal throughout the review process. This person will commission reviews and other content, write and edit for the journal, and promote the journal through outreach and networking efforts. As a key member of the of the publications group, the Editor, Cancer Research, will have a highly visible role both within the Association and in the larger cancer research community.
- Contribute to defining the journal scope and policy implementation in conjunction with the Executive Editor and Editor-in-Chief.
- Assist the Executive Editor in managing/participating in peer-review process to ensure quality and timely handling of submissions.
- Assist the Executive Editor with development, composition, and editing of content.
- Identify and recruit exceptional original research, reviews, and special feature content in the broad field of cancer research.
- Communicate with authors, editors, reviewers, and readers regarding all aspects of the journal.
- Represent the journal and the AACR at scientific meetings and institutional visits.
- Stay abreast of the cancer research field and develop excellent relationships with the research community.
- Provide input for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on the performance of Cancer Research and activities of competing journals.
- Collaborate with the staff of the eight “sibling” AACR journals to ensure good communication and promotion of synergistic opportunities.
- PhD in a biomedical or clinical science
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Expertise in cancer science.
- Publication record in cancer research desirable.
- Experience in evaluating manuscripts during the peer review process or as an editorial board member for cancer or cancer-related biomedical journals.
- Ability to communicate directly with researchers and to translate technical scientific content for scientists working in other disciplines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, self motivated, consistently demonstrating initiative and commitment.
- Able to travel to relevant scientific meetings and research institutes.
How to Apply:
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit a cover letter explaining why you are interested, along with your current curriculum vitae.