Since 1957, CCBC has opened the doors to accessible, affordable, high-quality education empowering generations of area residents to improve their lives and the lives of others. Each year, more than 63,000 students enroll at the college's main campuses, extension centers and online.
The Custodian Associate position provides an immediate full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity to those individuals with no work or custodial experience to gain the training experience to prepare successful candidates to be promoted to a benefits eligible (i.e. Vacation and Personal Leave, Medical Insurance, Retirement Plan, and paid selected holidays and break periods) full-time Custodian position, and a pay increase, in as little as six-weeks. Safe and Sick Leave is offered to all Custodian Associates.
This position is a third shift position (11:00 pm-7:30 am) Essex College Campus Only.
The Custodian Associate is an entry level position. Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Building Services, the Custodian Associate is responsible for a variety of cleaning and housekeeping tasks related to the upkeep and sanitary environment of the college buildings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some custodian experience preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to change shifts when requested.
- Must be able to come to work every day and be on time.
- Due to nature of the position and frequent contact, candidates should have a command of the English language.
- Candidates will be required to successfully pass a background investigation, to include a criminal history evaluation prior to being hired as a Custodian Associate.
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete a physical examination, including drug screening prior to being promoted to a Custodian position. Candidates who are unsuccessful in successfully completing a physical examination will not be eligible for promotion to Custodian and will be removed from the Associate position.
This is an Essential Position and the employee must be available for building emergencies, and to perform regular duties or other assigned duties at times when the campus is closed to students and non-essential staff. Subject to 24-hour standby or call-in for building emergencies. May be required to work overtime or special hours as needed or required.