Position TitleOffice Assistant (PT, Evenings)
Internal Position TitleOffice Assistant
DepartmentEngineering/Math/Phy Sci Div
The College of Lake County is looking for an Office Assistant (Part-time and Evenings) to help support Engineering, Math, and Physical Sciences division, and the Business and Social Sciences division. Under the administrative supervision of the EMPS Associate Dean, the Office Assistant provides clerical support to both the Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences (EMPS) division and the Business and Social Sciences (BSS) division staff, faculty, and department chairs. The position assists with customer service and telephone receptionist duties; is the primary point of contact for the division; contributes to assist in answering student questions; assists with duplicating materials for classroom use; assists in calling students whenever classes are cancelled; and assists adjunct and/or full-time faculty with their classroom needs.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. High School diploma, or equivalent.
2. Proficiency working with Microsoft Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and/or database systems.
3. Evidence of excellent customer or student service skills.
4. Positive attitude.
5. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Proficiency in PeopleSoft or other similar record-keeping software.
2. Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Expected Start Date05/03/2021
Special Instructions Summary
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position filled.
This is a part-time, evening position, Monday through Thursday, 2:30pm – 7:30pm.
Total Hours per week20.00
Days: Monday through Thursday
Time: 2:30pm – 7:30pm
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word, Outlook
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student/Customer Service: 70%
1. Serves as a point of contact for the division and college. Particularly during the afternoon and evening hours.
2. Completes good customer service and receptionist duties for all personnel within the EMPS and BSS divisions, which includes, but is not limited to, screening and referring calls, scheduling appointments, and resolving problems.
3. Supports the faculty, staff, and students within everyday operations of the divisions’ offices.
Department Clerical Support: 20%
1. Assists deans and associate deans in the divisional offices as necessary
2. Prepares and disburses mailings; prepares and handles correspondence, reports, and/or other documentation.
3. Operates and ensures the copy machines remain in solid working condition for continued operation.
1. Maintains ability to flex working schedule (occasionally) for fill-in responsibilities during college high impact timelines.
2. Completes other duties, as assigned by supervisor.