Position TitleEnrollment Services Generalist
Internal Position TitleEnrollment Services Generalist
DepartmentWelcome and One Stop Center
Under general direction of the Manager, Welcome and One Stop Center; provide up to date, accurate information and assistance to students, staff, and community. Deliver comprehensive general information regarding all aspects of college procedures, programs and services that pertain to the enrollment process. Responsible to support the registration of students in courses according to established guidelines which may require some judgment in the application of policies and procedures. Provide excellent customer service.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System (SURS)
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Associates degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Two years of general office experience is required.
1. A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are required.
2. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
3. Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
4. Problem solving skills.
5. Must be able to use a computer to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
1. Work experience in an educational setting.
2. Experience working in a large office setting.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Total Hours per week24.00
Monday through Thursday, Hours 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Student/Customer Service: 85%
1) Greet students in person and on the phone
2) Answer questions regarding Registration
3) Help fill out FAFSA
4) Take payments/field payment questions
5) Registration systems support (example: change passwords, how to add/drop classes, etc.)
Data entry/reporting: 14 %
1) FAFSA verification
2) Test scores
3) FAD drops
4) Payment plan reporting/receipts
5) Admissions and Records transcripts
Other: 1 %
1) Department question
2) Serve as a campus resource/directions
3) Perform other job related duties.