The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Board of Directors provides primary administrative support to the CEO, Board of Directors and Leadership Team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing the logistical planning for Board and committee meetings and events; recording meeting minutes; assisting with the development of presentation materials (including handouts and PowerPoint presentations); drafting correspondence; and other administrative duties as required.
- Provides administrative support for CEO.
- Provides administrative support for the Board of Directors.
- Provides administrative support for the Leadership Team (Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Marketing, Vice President of Mission Delivery, Chief Development Officer).
- Creates, updates and distributes materials for Board members, Board meetings. Board committee meetings, and Staff meetings (monthly and ad hoc).
- Creates presentations (Power Point) and videos as needed.
- Creates correspondence and communication to Board members, Board Alumni, committees, and key constituents.
- Serves as primary gatekeeper of communication to Board members, committees and various key constituents.
- Composes and/or prepares routine correspondence including letters, agendas, etc.
- Prepares various reports such as Board Giving, Board Calls for Major Donors, Wish Ball sponsorship, etc.
- Responsible for all logistical planning of all Board related meetings and events. Includes scheduling meetings, securing space, communicating meeting information/agendas, confirming attendees, securing Wish family presenters, creating and presenting wish mission videos, securing equipment, ordering food and all other logistics.
- Attends all Board meetings, taking minutes and distributing electronically.
Required Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required).
- Ability to work independently and without supervision while demonstrating discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient with computer applications – a thorough understanding of Microsoft Outlook, word processing (Microsoft Word), mail merge, spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), databases (Access), presentations (PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and master other computer technology /software programs as needed. Good command of Internet usage.
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (preferred).
Since being founded locally in 1985, Make-A-Wish Illinois has granted more than 15,000 wishes and continues its mission to share the power of a wish® with children in all 102 counties across the state.
Life-changing wish journeys are made possible by dedicated staff and more than 1,000 caring volunteers who help each child discover, create, fulfill, and experience the lasting impact of their most heartfelt wish.
Support for Make-A-Wish comes from generous individual, corporate and foundation donors.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $29,507.00 - $147,672.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings