The American Diabetes Association®(ADA) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Communications Manager to join Communication team. This position contributes to growing and enhancing the ADA’s mission, building campaigns and will support our growing social media influencers across a number of platforms. The ideal candidate should have a passion for helping people living with diabetes thrive, mission-based work and enhancing their skills in communication, social media and media relations.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, copywriting, editing and media relations projects, such as writing and editing first drafts of externally facing communications, including press releases and media alerts
- Manage daily media monitoring and produce the daily clips report to internal employees.
- Curate and maintain targeted media lists for outreach
- Develop media pitches and contact reporters and journalists
- Serve as point of for our Health Equity Now platform in communications deliverables, campaigns and events
- Provide support with communication and engagement strategy that supports ADA Health Equity Now partnerships and builds sustained engagement and visibility key stakeholders
- Manage stories and blog submissions
- Assist with the social media influencer monthly newsletter and other influencer emails
- Assistance with managing comments and direct messages on social media
- Develop monthly metrics reports for social media campaigns +initiatives +national channels in general
- Contribute creative ideas that will help expand and grow social media channels
- Research changes happening in the social media world that may impact our work
- Social media monitoring/listening
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Social Media, Cision, PR Newswire, Sprout Social
- Outstanding communication, written, verbal, and organizational skills, knowledge of AP style and an editor’s eye
- Enjoy a collaborative work environment with the ability to work as part of a team with multiple internal and external resources
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with team members in other cities/states
- Ability to work independently when applicable — collaboratively with high-performing, highly diverse staff and meet multiple deadlines
- Desire and ability to learn new topics quickly, and demonstrated ability to seek out ways to contribute beyond own workstream
- Bilingual or multilingual capabilities are a plus
Take Your Career On A Mission
More than 122 million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes and are striving to manage their lives while living with the disease. Or you can begin with Every day more than 4,000 people are newly diagnosed with diabetes in America. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, remote working, and our competitive benefits package. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at www.diabetes.org/careers. For full consideration, you must apply directly to the ADA Careers Page.
There’s nothing we can’t do when we’re Connected for Life!
Primary Location US-TX-Houston
Work Locations TX09 Houston TX 7670 Woodway Drive Suite #230 Houston 77063
Organization ADA BU
Job Type Full-time
Job Posting Mar 31, 2021, 12:55:10 PM