The Recruitment and Admissions Specialist will be responsible for student recruitment (including on- and off-campus events), admissions, and recruitment event facilitation for all undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Nursing. In fulfilling these responsibilities, the recruitment specialist will collaborate with College of Nursing faculty and staff, academic advisors, program directors, academic administrators, College-based committees, and off-campus partners. Travel is required. Most travel is in-state by university vehicle.
New Student Recruitment
- Drafts and monitors annual recruitment plan
- Facilitates College of Nursing Recruitment Team meetings
- Coordinates with Communications Director to monitor online presence for prospective students
- Coordinates with Communications Director to develop hardcopy and electronic recruiting materials
- Collaborates with Office of Admissions recruiters, development office, and other units on campus to share resources to reach potential students
- Educates internal and external personnel about programs in the College
- Stays informed on college and faculty accomplishments to highlight during recruitment activities
- Attends appropriate recruitment events and makes presentations at information sessions and college fairs on and off campus and in and out of state
- Facilitates presentations and outreach activities with pre-college groups; collaborates with other units on campus to plan joint recruitment activities
- Organizes alumni contacts with prospective students in collaboration with Development and Alumni Relations
- Supports efforts to develop and maintain partnerships with community colleges and health systems
- Prepares electronic application systems for each application cycle
- Addresses prospective student concerns regarding the electronic application systems and/or materials required
- Prepares prospective student applications to be reviewed by each of the respective admissions review committees
- Collaborates with program directors and appropriate staff to coordinate prospective student interviews
- Communicates with applicants regarding their admissions decisions
Event Planning, Coordinating, and Support
- Plans, coordinates and participates in recruiting events on and off campus
- Creates highly customized one-on-one visits for students and their families
- Provides support for additional College of Nursing hosted events (graduations, pinning ceremonies, orientations, etc.)
Data Tracking, Analysis, and Reporting
- Maintains recruitment and admissions database
- Tracks demographic information, enrollment trends, market forecasts, and prospect data
- Tracks enrollment projections prior to each program’s start, and admissions data at the time each program begins
- Utilizes demographic information, historic enrollment trends, market forecasting and prospect data to develop and implement recruitment plans and strategies
- Regularly reports data to respective program committees (Undergraduate Program Committee, Advanced Placement Program Committee, and PhD Program Committees)
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four year college degree; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in admissions, counseling, public relations, student services or related area, including implementing programs and schedules, making formal presentations, and working with the public; experience with database, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and/or presentation software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; may require conversational proficiency in a foreign language.
Masters Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or related degree. Three to four years of recruiting experience for both graduate and undergraduate programs with focus in health professions. Experience in recruiting international students to graduate programs. Experience developing and facilitating recruitment plans. Experience developing, tracking, and reporting college student progression and recruitment metrics.
Two to three years of recruitment and/or admissions experience in a baccalaureate or above institution of higher education. Considerable knowledge of recruitment planning, planning, and coordinating by utilizing demographic information, historic enrollment trends, market forecasting and prospect data to develop and implement a recruitment strategy. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with experience in public speaking. Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability and desire to work in a team environment. Strong knowledge and ability to use programs in the Microsoft Office Suite.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter & Resume
Please provide 3 professional references