Information Technology Services
4/1/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
ANTICIPATED START DATE May 2021
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Hours not to exceed 40 hours per week. Exact work schedule to be determined by supervisor based on department needs and college hours of operation.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a special program or district function. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
(E = indicates essential duties of the position)
- Provides information pertaining to services of the department and the college, its procedures and regulations, collects and accounts for monies and fees as assigned and maintains accounting of those monies and fees. (E)
- Provides a variety of departmental counter services providing information to students, and the general public regarding the rules and regulation of the department, how to complete forms, where to get information. (E)
- Takes meeting notes and draft minutes for various committees; types and proofreads correspondence, memoranda, bulletins, reports, schedules, agendas, lists, examinations, forms, labels or other materials from straight copy, rough draft, notes or transcription equipment. (E)
- Maintains a variety of logs, records and files related to assigned office; sort, classify and file materials in alpha, numeric or other established sequences. (E)
- Distributes various forms and provide information and assistance to students, the public and staff in an accurate and timely manner. (E)
- Perform a variety of duties including receptionist duties and answer telephones; taking and relaying messages; greeting students and the public and providing routine information; directs inquiries to the appropriate person or office; makes telephone calls to request, provide or verify information as directed. (E)
- Operates a variety of office equipment, such as typewriter, calculator and copy machine; operates computer equipment to enter and retrieves data, maintain records and generates reports. (E)
- Maintains supplies and materials inventory of assigned area as required; orders, receives and distributes materials, equipment and supplies as directed. (E)
- Assures the timely duplication and distribution of a variety of records, reports and other materials as directed. (E)
- Performs variety of clerical work such as posting records, making arithmetic computations and securing information from clearly indicated sources, entering and retrieving data from computer following established formats; schedules and attends meetings. (E)
- Types and performs other clerical duties for the assigned supervisor, and other staff members as directed. (E)
- Schedules appointments and meetings; maintains various schedules and calendars; coordinates variety of event activities including scheduling, logistics, invitations, RSVP's, follow up, and requesting equipment. (E)
- Sorts and distributes incoming U.S. and District mail and Fed-Ex; prepares and mails departmental mailings, including meetings packets, and invitations. (E)
- Coordinates, edits, maintains schedules and departmental assignments. (E)
- May provide work direction to student and hourly workers, and volunteers if assigned. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school and one year of clerical experience generally related to the duties and responsibilities of the class.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Office machines including computers and applicable software
- Perform a variety of clerical duties involving typing, filing and maintaining records or reports in support of a special program or District function.
- Learn and apply laws, rules, regulations involved in assigned clerical activities. Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Type at 45 words net per minute from clear copy.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including computer, calculator, copier and typewriter.
- Operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records and generate reports. Meet schedules and time lines.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work under pressure with frequently changing deadlines. Work evenings and weekends upon request.
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Apply discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Collect and relay information accurately and with diplomacy.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable – no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, students, other departmental personnel, vendors, contractors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and light lifting, bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching to retrieve and maintain files Minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of office equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment, subject to interruptions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
- Each recruitment is conducted independent from others; therefore, interested parties need to submit separate complete application packages for each position they apply.
- It is important the applicants submit ALL documents requested for the application package to be deemed complete and given consideration.
- This includes, but is not limited to, submitting transcripts for all college coursework or degrees when requested to do so within a job announcement.
- All out of the country transcripts must be evaluated prior to submitting them with applications.
- Any evaluation service member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) http://www.naces.org/ is acceptable.
- If letters of recommendation are required, letters must be current within two years, signed and dated from individuals having knowledge of your professional experience.
- Typing certifications must be current within one year and must include name, date and net words per minute (NWP).
- For those disciplines with established Academic Senate’s approved equivalency: complete the Supplemental Equivalence Request form (If applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is requesting review)
- Applicants may be subject to passing an examination (written/technical), as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Residency within a reasonable geographical area of the college may be necessary.
- Travel expenses for pre-employment interviews and employment processing will not be authorized.