The Budget Manager II oversees the planning and administration of operating budgets and purchasing for the Department of Business Services.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops and manages budgets to ensure program alignment with fiscal allocations.
- Oversees the operating budgets and reviews expenditures for budgetary controls.
- Oversees fiscal and operational compliance with auxiliary contracts maintained by the department.
- Prepares routine and ad-hoc reports and statements.
- Analyzes spending and develops budget projections. Assists in the development of annual budget requests and allocations.
- Develops and implements fiscal procedures and guidelines.
- Monitors auxiliary fund balances with corresponding budgets
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, or closely related field.
Four years of professional full-time experience in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, finance, or budgeting.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Preferred Qualifications :
Master's degree from an accredited institution in Business Management, Accounting, Finance or closely related field.
Work experience in a higher education setting.
Experience with Workday Finance application.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance and management principles and procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Workday or similar enterprise financial management software application.
Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and vendors.
Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
Ability to analyze, and interpret complex financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
Ability to perform complex mathematical computations.
Salary Range : $52,000 - $58,000 annually