Apply now Job no:493625
Work type:Postdoc / Research / Fellow
Categories:Postdoc / Fellow, Research, Faculty
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science (ECS) at the University of Denver is seeking highly motivated individuals for a postdoctoral research fellow position. This is a one-year position, renewable for up to two years based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The position's start date is April 15, 2021.
The selected postdoctoral research fellow will assist in ongoing industry collaborations while helping in promoting associated research and education activities. The essential responsibilities are as follows:
- Engage in independent research, scholarship, and creative work under the guidance of an assigned mentor. The fellow will also be expected to be active in the DU community of scholars engaged in research and teaching.
- Participate in campus-wide efforts in bridging various academic divisions and departments in related areas of research and education.
- Take the lead in one of the strategic research areas and be active in closely working with industry partners in progressing the identified goals.
Topics of Interest
Interested applicants will be working on Blockchain for Smart Grid Applications. This includes investigation and application of innovative blockchain based methods to improve the planning and operation of distribution grid with high penetration of DERs, with a specific focus on improving flexibility, security and efficiency of the grid.
- PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering, or a closely relevant STEM field.
- Strong methodological training and a record of successful publication in the related field.
- Committed to working with academe and industry.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $66,000 - $72,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver .
Please include the following documents with your application:CVCover LetterResearch Statement
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.