Department: Academic Affairs
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Mar 23, 2021
Ref No.: 129277
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Reporting to the Associate Provost-Charlestown, the Dean of Behavioral, Social Science and Global Learning is part of a team of administrators whose shared focus is the development, implementation and support of innovative academic and co-curricular initiatives that promote student access, equity and success. With these goals in mind, the Dean of Behavioral, Social Science and Global Learning is responsible for the administration and leadership of the Division. The areas include the academic departments of Behavioral Science, Social Science and Human Services as well as curricular and co-curricular departments of the Honors Program, International Center, Center for Cultural Wealth and Equity, Office of Community Engagement and the Library and Learning Commons.
Job responsibilities will include enrollment and engagement initiatives, new program and curriculum development, program review and assessment, course and event scheduling, budgeting, and faculty and staff development. In addition, the Dean oversees a number of grants that support the College's academic programs.
- Master's Degree in higher education or an academic discipline relevant to the work of the division; doctorate preferred;
- Progressive administrative and supervisory experience in higher education preferably at a community college, including program development and assessment, faculty and staff recruitment, evaluation and professional development;
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative and innovative leadership;
- Demonstrated capacity to foster and manage change in a fast-paced environment;
- Successful college-level teaching experience, community college preferred;
- Experience with digitally based instruction and learning outcomes-based course design.
- Experience in the recruitment, evaluation and development of faculty and/or professional staff'; experience in a collective bargaining setting preferred;
- Experience with curriculum and program development, assessment and strategic planning;
- Experience with advancing an Honor's Program.
- Experience promoting global learning in curricular and co-curricular settings and/or supporting campus internationalization activities.
- Proven ability to promote and foster curricular and co-curricular integration, interdisciplinary programs, Learning Communities; and innovative teaching pedagogy;
- Ability to advance an integrated Library and Learning Commons model;
- Demonstrated commitment to a student-centered and learner-focused approach to teaching and learning;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among the departments;
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and grants preferred;
- Ability to work effectively with and advance a diverse and culturally wealthy student, faculty, and staff population;
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a community college and student centered, asset based learning environment focused on equity, access and cultural wealth.
Salary Range: $125,000.00 - $130,000.00
Review Date: Applications will be accepted until position is filled. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by April 16, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your application:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE