Position TitleGrants Specialist*
Internal Position TitleGrants Specialist*
The Grants Specialist monitors and coordinates the Workforce Equity Initiative grant 1.0 and 2.0 by tracking activities and budgets in conjunction with the Dean of the Lakeshore Campus and Vice President for Community & Workforce Partnerships. This includes collaborating with internal stakeholders to project manage grant activities, connecting with external stakeholders to interpret and implement grant requirements, creating and submitting grant reports, evaluating the effectiveness of activities, and following budget items through stages from approval to purchase to implementation. This position also supports other activities of the grant as needed.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. A Bachelor’s degree.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Previous program coordination or project management experience.
5. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Grant coordination experience.
2. Budgeting experience.
3. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Special Instructions Summary
*This is a full-time position until 6/30/21 and then becomes part-time until 10/31/21. This is a grant-funded position; continued employment in this position is based on external funding sources.
Total Hours per week40.00
Up to 40 hours per week between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. until 6/30/21 and then 25 hours per week until 10/31/21.
Software Testing RequiredExcel, MS Word
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department operations/processes: 60%
1. Create, implement, and monitor grant activities associated with the Workforce Equity Initiatives grants.
2. Draft components of grant project plans and reports for submission to stakeholders.
3. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to interpret grant, project grant activities, and implement grant initiatives.
4. Interpret grant activities and initiatives for placement in appropriate fiscal categories.
5. Conduct evaluations of grant projects to interpret the level of effectiveness against established criteria.
6. Work with program coordinator to determine if funds exist to run programs
7. Ensure expenses are appropriately recorded
8. Assist program coordinator in decisions regarding student stipends
9. Analysis budget vs. actual expenses on regular basis to determine budget modification
10. Submit quarterly financial report to CLC management and ICCB
Student/Customer Service: 15%
1. Work with other financial offices to coordinate grant needs
2. Assist program coordinator in decisions regarding student stipends
3. Work with the Dean at Lakeshore to support college report and other information request
1. Monitor budgetary items through the stages of approval to purchase to implementation.
2. Maintain accurate records of projects/department activities and financials associated with grant.
3. Ensure expenses are appropriately recorded
4. Process vendor payments as needed
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.