The Program Data and Project Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, management, and maintenance of the Salesforce data system and to align this data system with the business goals of the organization. This individual will do technical research, planning, development, implementation, and training to enable continuing innovation within the Association’s Salesforce infrastructure. This individual is also responsible for establishing and documenting processes, procedures, and standards that will result in comprehensive and secure data tracking of outcomes and outputs, data accuracy and sustainability, metadata support, and report processing for the Association. The Program Data and Project Specialist is responsible for using analytical skills for organizing and maintaining process improvements, ensuring the system can adapt to the changing needs of the Association, project management, managing system updates/upgrades, providing training to staff impacted by the Salesforce data system, and resolving data system application issues. This individual will support creation and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Majority of duties performed, but not meant to be all-inclusive or prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary.
Develop and maintain operational, installation, configuration and other, data system procedures.
- Develop, contribute to, and maintain data system standards.
- Participate and provide support in creation and implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and standards specific to data systems management and governance.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with up to 100+ users.
- Manage all basic administrative functions in Salesforce including end-user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Develop and collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple lines of service to develop and execute projects focused on improving data collection and reporting, and improving service delivery through the application of Salesforce or other appropriate data management systems.
- Provide direct data management support to the Education team in the planning and execution of the annual Zarrow Symposium.
- Provide direct, data management support to the Development team in the planning and execution of all annual fundraisers.
- Provide training for all new users and grow the skill set of current users across the Association.
- Provide reports and dashboards as requested by organizational leadership and staff as needed.
- Research and recommend Best Practice applications of Salesforce system administration and non-profit data models as applied to the Association’s Lines of Service.
- Complete Salesforce system updates/upgrades as appropriate.
- Apply operating Salesforce system patches as appropriate.
- Research and resolve Salesforce system application issues interfacing with external vendors as needed.
- Coordinate across organization to develop data management procedures that align with department and program goals and requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of reporting mechanisms to track identified department and program goals and requirements.
- Maintain expertise to maximize the tracking and reporting of key data points for departments and programs.
- Effectively act as liaison between leadership, end-users, volunteers, vendors, support, and contractors.
- Assist Director of Evaluation and Compliance with the Association’s Council of Accreditation requirements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Evaluation and Compliance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position
- Two years of experience with CRM data models and management in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Google Apps Suite, and other related software programs.
- Skills to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form. Must be able to prepare and deliver persuasive oral and written reports, presentations, and training.
- Solid analytical and problem solving abilities; handling crisis situations and decisions at a proficient level.
- Must be able to systematically gather relevant information and apply logic and creativity to solve problems; seeing the relationships and interrelationships among concepts, issues or situations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret various types of data.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on the Salesforce data system and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently. Must be self-motivated, detail-orientated, and eager to identify and manage issues as they arise. Must have the ability to multi-task as necessary.
- Excellent project management skills with the demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce system best practices and functionality.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred.
- Knowledge of computer software packages and local area networks.
- Ability to prepare and present reports; ability to review, analyze, draw conclusions from and present data clearly and concisely;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to utilize the highest level of interpersonal skill in order to understand, select, develop and motivate people at any level within or outside the organization.
- Must possess Microsoft Word, Excel skills at the intermediate level preferred.