Position TitleAdjunct Faculty, Academic Success
Position TypePart-Time Faculty
Job FamilyAdjunct Faculty
College of Lake County is seeking Adjunct Instructors to teach the College Success Seminar. Classes are offered in person at all campus locations (Grayslake, Waukegan, Vernon Hills), online live through Zoom and online anytime.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Education, College Student Personnel, or related field.
2. Teaching experience and/or facilitating workshops or presentations within an educational institution.
3. Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations using culturally relevant diverse teaching methods.
4. Competency in technologies commonly used in college level instruction.
5. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of students, staff and external customers.
6. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Doctorate degree in Counseling, Psychology, Education, College Student Personnel, or related field.
2. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
3. Teaching experience at the college or university level.
Expected Start Date08/23/2021
Special Instructions Summary
This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates. As teaching needs arise, applications will be reviewed for possible interviews. The number of adjunct faculty hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Adjunct faculty hires and assignments are coordinated by the department chairs.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Your application can remain under consideration the academic year. You may check your status at any time by logging into firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and password. Thanks for being patient with the adjunct faculty hiring process.
Pay RatePer adjunct contract.
Total Hours per weekPer class schedule
Per class schedule
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsPresentation
Summary of Essential Functions
• Teach the college success seminar as scheduled each academic semester.
• Select, prepare and maintain current curriculum, course outline and instructional materials.
• Provide instructional support to students and refer, when appropriate, to resources at the college.
• Provide the division and students a syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, attendance policies in line with those of the college, texts and readings, timelines and evaluation criteria, and any other information required by College, Division, or departmental policy.
• Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions and/or examinations. Provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress.
• Maintain office, discipline, grade and division records as required by the college.
• Be available for student consultation through phone, email, or in person.
• Use the appropriate College policies and procedures to resolve and document student complaints, concerns and problems.
• Meet all classes for the scheduled time.
• Submit all final grades electronically prior to the required deadlines.
• Attend required adjunct meetings in the fall and spring semesters.
• Participate in college governance and other aspects of academic life.
• Faculty members are expected to remain current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the department chair or Dean.