Position TitleWelding Laboratory Specialist - PT Flex
DepartmentEngineering/Math/Phy Sci Div
Position TypePart-Time Flex
Job FamilyPart-Time Flex
The Welding Laboratory Specialist will work closely with the instructor to set up and prepare equipment in shop for lab exercises. The Lab Specialist will also help the instructor organize the shop and maintain shop tools in the welding shop.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in setting-up and operating welding equipment.
- Must be able to work from 6:00pm – 9:50pm.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Enrollment in a welding career program or completion of such a program and completion of General Welding WLD170.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Expected Start Date03/27/2019
Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
Total Hours per weekvaries
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
-Maintain, set up and take down equipment.
-Maintain a list of equipment used by students and instructors.
-Assist instructors during, before and after class with all equipment set up and take down.
-Other duties assigned by Department chair.