LifeSpring Health Systems is located in the southernmost counties of Indiana, right across the Ohio River from Louisville, KY. We are a 501(c)(3) Community Mental Health Center and Federally Qualified Health Center led by our 13-16 member Board of Directors.
We provide a broad array of behavioral health and primary healthcare services within a diverse 11 county catchment area. Southern Indiana is a region abundant in historical, natural, and recreational resources. Scattered across its hills and valleys are a variety of urban and rural settings. Forests, caves, rivers, and lakes offer scenic beauty and recreational activities.
To be credible in this role, the CEO should be a seasoned executive with extensive executive leadership experience within program and service delivery management across Mental Health and Primary Care communities. Specific areas of experience are strategic planning, financial management, human resource management, coaching and mentoring staff. The CEO will be a values-driven leader with an unwavering level of integrity and a track record of success, while achieving strong financial, operational, and quality performance.
The CEO must perpetuate the strategic and operational leadership required to both drive and absorb significant growth in the coming years. Reporting to the Board of Directors and leading a dedicated, cohesive and effective senior leadership team, the CEO should be viewed as a highly effective communicator and trusted relationship builder, articulating and promoting a culture of diversity and person-centered principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and confirm accurate Board of Directors reporting and meetings, ensuring transparency, open communications, and continuous training for new and existing Board Members.
- Lead and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with business partners, advocacy groups, governmental entities, donors, and other public and private human services agencies.
- Works closely with elected and appointed state and local government officials, and participates in various planning, coordinating, and advocacy activities at state, regional, and local levels.
- Attends/participates in speaking, educational, and networking opportunities on behalf of LifeSpring to further the organizational mission and goals.
- Hands on leadership ensuring face to face interaction across our large catchment area.
- Provides overall leadership and professional direction while overseeing day-to-day operations of LifeSpring programs, services, and administrative operations, ensuring smooth, efficient, and effective operations.
- Cultivate internal leaders and ensures a well-rounded Executive Management Team
Finance and Quality Management
- Directs and participates in the preparation and presentation of an annual operating budget to the Board of Directors for review, ensuring all financial services comply with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Seeks additional sources of funding while maintaining existing funding and monitoring/planning for changes in funding streams.
- Maintains a comprehensive continuous quality improvement plan utilizing data to guide organizational improvement and maintain operational compliance, ensure evidence-based practices, program integrity, service satisfaction, and employee morale.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of interagency agreements, memorandums of understanding, and contracts, ensuring adequate safeguards are in place to comply with statutes and regulatory requirements.
Program Operational Management
- Provides and ensures the vision, strategic planning, direction, and administration of all aspects of the organization’s activities to ensure compliance with established laws, policies, procedures, objectives, and with the realization of high quality, person-centered care.
- Maintains an inclusive and approachable management style at all levels of the organization, including with the board, physicians, leadership team, and employees.
- Directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of human resources, employee benefits management systems, policies, and procedures.
- Understands and develops relevant high level policy maintaining knowledge of the impact on the programs and planning of LifeSpring as they align at the Federal and State level.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Master’s degree in Business, Administration, or another mental health or primary healthcare related field.
- Minimum seven plus (7+) years in progressively responsible experience in senior management in an integrated healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of behavioral health and primary healthcare practices and clinical operations.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements, healthcare and behavioral healthcare policy, and various accreditation requirements related to integrated healthcare management.
Preference will be given to individuals with:
- Experience with CMHCs and FQHCs.
- Leadership experience with Non-Profit Organizations or similar.
Core Competencies Required
- A visionary servant leader who will partner with the Board to establish long-term goals to continue to grow the organization and respond to the changing needs within integrated healthcare.
- Able to provide strong leadership in implementation, tactics, budgets and goals.
- A charismatic and sophisticated communicator who will be a strong advocate in promoting the mission of the center within the community and outreach events.
- Keen analytic, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities that enable sound decision- making.
- Strong professional ethics, integrity and accountability in all actions; respect and appreciation for diversity.
- Capable of directing and coaching staff and successfully managing conflict.
- Success in recruiting, developing, and coaching high performing teams.
- Able to build strategic business partnerships.
- Capable of interpersonal influence with media, government and regulators.
- Capable of building consensus among a variety of groups.
- Comfortable with speaking diplomatically in front of large groups of people internally and externally.
- Willingness to listen, to learn and accept feedback from others.
Work Schedule: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interview Schedule: First round interviews will be conducted via Google or Zoom meeting. Final interviews will be conducted in person. Anticipated start date of mid-November, 2021.
Benefits: LifeSpring Health Systems offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurances
- Cancer, Accident and Intensive Care Insurances
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Leadership Experience: 7 years (Preferred)
- CMHC and/or FQHC: 2 years (Preferred)