Under direction of the Associate Director of Finance and Accounting for Planning, Operations, and Construction (POC), and in collaboration with your colleagues, provide support for a broad array of business functions for POC, the Department of Facilities Services, and the Department of Design and Construction.
- Track financial resource allocation for department consistent with budget and mission.
- Prepare and maintain financial records and reports of expenses, revenues, commitments, trends, and forecasts for operational and project budgets.
- Analyze invoices for legitimacy, accuracy, and completeness.
- Facilitate payments and change orders by preparing invoices, requisitions, and supporting documentation and obtaining all necessary approvals.
- Enter financial information into MS-Access databases, and assist with the development of new databases as needed.
- Coordinate with project managers to capture vendor prequalification and evaluation data.
- Continually obtain, prepare, and analyze status reports from section managers for all projects.
- Perform financial close-out for projects including contract audits and lien release coordination with vendors.
- Perform payment reconciliation process to the University's financial reporting system for operating budgets and project financial records.
- Perform all aspects of weekly and monthly recharges for facilities.
- Record and reconcile credit card transactions and substantiations. Coordinate financial deposits for department.
- Track certificates of insurance and preliminary notices received from contractors and vendors.
- Perform all tasks as a requestor in the C2C system as needed.
- Perform regular administrative tasks such as maintaining files, processing paperwork, entering data, and monitoring systems.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with internal and external groups to ensure that appropriate parties are well-informed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Proof of legal U.S. working status is required. Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or closely related field is required. Three (3) years of accounting experience is required. Proficiency in MS-Outlook, Word, and Excel is required. Knowledge of MS-Access and PeopleSoft is preferred.
Preferred: Knowledge of financial aspects of the design and construction industry preferred. Knowledge of financial aspects of higher education institutions is preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.