New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine- Old Westbury campus Department of Anatomy (https://www.nyit.edu/medicine/department_of_anatomy) seeks a postdoctoral fellow to join the Comparative Animal Motion Laboratory located in Long Island, NY.
The Department of Anatomy boasts an active group of organismal biologists specializing in different aspects of biomechanics, functional morphology, paleontology, and developmental biology that collaborate and interact extensively.
- Contribute to ongoing projects in the Comparative Animal Motion Laboratory (https://www.nyit.edu/bio/Michael.Granatosky).
- Publish manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
- Mentor osteopathic medical students.
- Develop independent research projects and apply for necessary funding.
- This position might be good for a trainee who wants to learn experimental techniques (EMG, respirometry, and kinetic and kinematic analyses)
A PhD is required by the start date.
- Knowledge of biomechanics, experimental organismal level physiology, robotics, phylogenetic comparative techniques, engineering, and/or functional morphology is required.
To apply please submit:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research statement (2-page maximum; double-spaced) with specific interests and how those align with the research goals of the Comparative Animal Motion Laboratory (https://www.nyit.edu/bio/Michael.Granatosky; https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michael-Granatosky/research)
- Contact information for 3-5 professional references including e-mail addresses. (Reference letters are not required at this time).
- For consideration ALL candidates must apply online and complete an employment application.
Position is available to start August 01, 2021. Preference will be given to applications received by May 7th, 2021. Please contact Michael.Granatosky@nyit.edu for any questions about the position.
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration.
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity